Saturday, December 1, 2012

Nuremberg Christmas Market

Christmas markets are easily one of my favorite things about Germany. This year we went to the one in Nuremberg. Most Christmas markets are held in the city center (also known as a town square). It's one of the larger ones in our area and each year it's packed full of people, from opening day after Thanksgiving to closing day Christmas Eve. At Christmas markets you can buy all kinds of food, cider, gluehwein, ornaments, jewelry, and many other Christmas goodies and trinkets.





We spent all day at the Christmas market trying all the new things. Ben bought me a giant gingerbread cookie that said "I love you" and a necklace. I bought him a hat because it was freezing! Neither one of us found gluehwein to be that good but others swear it's delicious. Personally my favorite is the cider and I love the glass mugs that the venders put the hot drinks in. 
I hope that by the time we leave here we're able to go to many more Christmas markets. They are definitely a wonderful experience and are guaranteed to put you in the Christmas spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catoctin Iron Furnace

So this post is going to be short and sweet. Just something that I forgot to mention that we did last year, but I thought it was pretty cool...