Saturday, September 30, 2017

Winter is Coming!

So, I have decided to branch out a bit more with our blog. Instead of doing just the occasional post every six months or so about random things that we've done in our life I've decided to try harder to keep y'all better updated with the happenings and maybe some bonus posts as well. So here we go!



We are now heading into October and it's getting to be that time of the year. Already the temperature has started to drop, it averages around 50 during the day and 30-40 at night. Before too long the snow will come. We’ve already had some flurries and it has snowed in the mountains and other parts of Alaska. One of my memories on my Facebook this morning was that we had snow two years around this time. With an Alaskan winter comes a lot of preparation so I thought I'd give you guys an idea on some of the things that we have to get done.

Preparing for Winter Checklist:

- Move patio/lawn furniture inside so it doesn't get ruined.
- Clean BBQ grill and get it covered.
- Bring shovels up from the basement.
- Clean out our cars. The last thing I want to do is vacuum it out at -40 so we always give our cars a good clean before winter hits.
- Make sure the winterization on our cars are good to go. This year we have to replace both of our plugs after two years. This also includes making sure that the windshield wiper fluid is rated for negative temps.



- Make sure everyone in the family is set with winter gear; gloves, hats, coats, boots, etc.

Ready or not it’ll be here before we know it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Catoctin Iron Furnace

So this post is going to be short and sweet. Just something that I forgot to mention that we did last year, but I thought it was pretty cool...