Monday, February 11, 2013

Vilseck Fasching Parade

From what I've gathered fasching is king of like a carnival celebration. There are so many different costumes and it's so much fun to see what everyone comes up with. The people in the parade throw candy to those in the crowd. 
The one I went to in Vilseck lasted about 45 minutes to and hour. We showed up 30 minutes early and got a decent standing spot but somehow about halfway through the parade we had a bunch of people standing in front of us (and I swear I didn't move my feet). The whole street was closed of for the parade and there were countless people standing on both sides. Many of the people brought beer, dressed up, and sat on the side of the road and watched. 
Since it's only February it was still quite a bit chilly out (usually it snows till April/May). I couldn't believe some of the costumes. Those people had to be cold!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Catoctin Iron Furnace

So this post is going to be short and sweet. Just something that I forgot to mention that we did last year, but I thought it was pretty cool...